2019 will be a busy year for Path of Exile fans and devs alike!
According to Grinding Gear Games, we can expect version 3.6.0 in March, 3.7.0 in June, 3.8.0 in September and 3.9.0 in December as per the usual 13-week development cycle utilized by the team. The updates are to introduce a challenge league, various expansion features, new character skills/archetypes, and a bunch of miscellaneous fixes and improvements. We should learn more about 3.6.0 in about 4 weeks.
The enigmatic Path of Exile 4.0.0 should then appear sometime in the second half of 2020, so it’s very much possible we’ll be seeing version 3.10.0 before that.
As for ExileCon, the much anticipated celebration of Wraeclastian exploits is confirmed to be scheduled for November of this year! The convention is to happen a couple of weeks prior to the release of 3.9.0. What to expect? Grinding Gear Games have so far shared the following ideas:
- Announcement of whatever the next large expansion (a.k.a 3.9.0)
- Announcement of the 4.0.0 mega-expansion
- A play area with computers set up for demos of all products announced
- Talks from Grinding Gear Games developers about their areas of expertise
- Finals of various tournaments
- A Merchandise shop
- Developer signing sessions
- Some type of party
- Swag bag potentially containing exclusive microtransactions and some physical items.
Tickets for ExileCon should be available for purchase in a few weeks time.