Things appear to be looking well for Path of Exile developer Grinding Gear Games, as the Auckland, New Zealand-based team is looking to expand even further.
Many would consider it an absolute dream come true to set foot within their favourite developer’s office, let alone work on a game they adore. Find the latest batch of open positions below and – who knows – you might be just the person Grinding Gear Games is looking for:
- Has a great work ethic.
- Has moderate experience in video editing either professionally or as a hobby.
- Has a basic understanding of social media.
- Has a knowledge of internet culture.
- Has decent written communication skills.
- Has a proven ability to learn and adapt.
- Works well under pressure.
- Has a good knowledge of Path of Exile.
- Has NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Must currently live in Auckland, New Zealand
- Photoshop familiarity is a bonus
This is a junior role so it will be an opportunity to learn in these areas. Video editing is the primary function of this role but a significant portion of time will also be spent helping the community team in various tasks (news preparation, social media, data entry, etc.) as needed.
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This role involves:
- Moderating in-game chat and our forums
- Assisting customers via email and private messages
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be highly organised and hard working
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritise work when required
- Have excellent computer and technical skills
- Be seeking a long term position
- Have previous Customer Service experience
- Experience with online games
- Experience with Path of Exile
- You must have own transport.
- Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ongoing maintenance of the www.pathofexile.com site.
- Adding additional payment methods and other features.
- Further website-game integration.
- PHP MVC framework experience. Zend Framework highly preferred.
- Database design, preferably PostgreSQL but not essential.
- Experience with PHP ORMs, preferably Doctrine 2.
- Experience with Linux and command-line tools.
Submit CV, cover letter and a zip file of sample code to email@example.com.
Senior C++ Engine Programmer
- Extremely strong knowledge of modern C++
- Eight years of programming experience
- Five years of game engine development/graphics/engine experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in advanced rendering techniques
- Experience with profiling and optimisation
- Experience with modern graphics APIs
- Experience working on a shipped game
- Experience with cross-platform development
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org