As we lie in wait for the 3.7.0 patch notes, it’s a great time to check out the Legion Balancing Development Manifesto prepared by Grinding Gear Games.
The development manifesto contains reasonings behind many of the upcoming changes to skills, passives, items and mechanics, e.g.:
- Popular skills, such as Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane, Soulrend, Herald of Agony, to be nerfed due to being too powerful in exchange for too little investment.
- Animation cancelling to become possible within the first 20% of the attack/cast time, or once the effects of the skill have been unleashed.
- Chieftain, Berserker and Slayer Ascendancies to undergo fiercest changes, making their class identities more defined.
- Passive tree to give better options for Critical Strike to a wider melee build range.
- Significant changes to Energy Shield notables on the Passive tree: new cluster to appear between the Templar and Witch, Occultist’s ES notables being reduced to just one condensed and limited version.
- Dagger and Staff base types to include number of weapons unable to have caster modifiers on them.
- Powerful Unique items, such as Headhunter, The Eternity Shroud and Solstice Vigil, to become much harder to obtain, and many more.
It’s an altogether interesting read, which we certainly recommend. The full Legion Balancing Development Manifesto is available on Path of Exile’s official forums.