The first major Hotfix for Ritual has been released by GGG in a restartless patch! The patch size is about 400mb large. You should restart your client to receive the complete package of changes, but the majority of them will be applied without requiring a restart.
You can find the full patch notes over on the official site, but we will be breaking down the major points down below as well: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3015422
Buffs/Nerfs are indicated as seen from the Player’s perspective.
Boss nerf = Buff for players.
- QOL Improvement
- Bugfix resulting in a Buff
- The number of Rituals remaining is now shown near the Ritual Button.
Awesome QOL change that players have been asking for, basically since day 1. Going to make it a lot easier to get around the maps without spamming V every few seconds to check if you’re missing a Ritual or not!
- The special Vaal Rituals used to offer items with a high variance of Tribute costs (from very low to very high). This has now been capped to never be higher than other rituals.
Kind of sad to see the ultra-rare encounters get nerfed, as it was a nice way to see what investing on Rituals COULD give you. While it was frustrating, I believe that there was definitely some merit to it’s existance.
Sad to see it go, but I can understand why!
- Fixed a bug where Betrayal doors and Legion chests could be respawned in Ritual encounters.
One of the funniest bugs in a long time has unfortunately been fixed extremely rapidly! :(
Seeing the Doors that have plagued us for a long time come back to haunt us as animated beings was extremely hilarious, but it was obviously a bug, so it needed to be changed.
1/10 change. But really: 8/10 change, fast response on the bug, but should’ve been caught in QA.
- Substantially reduced the damage of rare monsters dominated by Sirus.
Sirus dominated rare monsters were absolutely overpowered since day 1. They’ve now been reigned in more and hopefully won’t one-shot 11k HP juggernauts in white maps anymore.
- Increased the number of nearby enemies required for Sirus to spawn and attack the player during Sirus influence takeovers from 1 to 10.
Great change! Mechanics like this require a stern limit as to when they should appear, as there are many mechanics that require the player to stand still, open a UI that takes up the majority of the screen and then select something.
Players should not get punished for playing the game as it’s intended to be played and as such, should not get killed by such mechanics if monsters (outside of stragglers) are not around anymore. It adds nothing to the game except frustration.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.13.0 where Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage weren’t applying to Kinetic Bolt’s Attack Damage.
- Fixed a bug where ‘More Spell Damage’ modifiers from support gems weren’t applying to Damage over Time skills unless they had hit an enemy.
Very important bug fixes for many popular builds out there. This will drastically improve their viability and properly place them in the DPS spot where they belong in the current meta.
This sums up the major changes in the patch. Some other things were fixed and tweaked, but none that should really impact the majority of players.
Thanks for reading the quick Hotfix rundown and I wish you a ton of luck in your maps, Exiles!