The newest Path of Exile league, Ultimatum , is upon us and launches .
Ultimatum is a loot-centered league, in which the main mechanic is choosing whether to collect your rewards or to gamble with them and take on the next challenge in order to obtain even more valuables. The further you push your luck, the harder the content gets until inevitably death is upon you. Obviously, the more waves of monsters you defeat, the better your rewards will be.
We’d like to give you a few recommendation of what we believe to be some of the strongest league starter builds (although any build tagged as a League Starter and updated for 3.14, so most of them, is a very solid choice):
- Detonate Dead Necromancer – A powerhouse build which even though it got changed a tiny bit will still blast everything in its path into oblivion.
- Storm Brand Elementalist – a build that is in its prime with the new changes to the Ascendancy and gets all of its defenses from items/skill gems allowing for an easy transition from leveling to midgame and beyond.
- Penance Brand Elementalist – taking advantage of the Elementalist rework, this build uses Shaper of Flames and Storm combined with Golem Buff Effect to reach outrageous levels of defense and big Ignites on your enemies.
- Toxic Rain DoT Trickster – this build remains a really solid starter, even though the gem got changed significantly. More so than before, it requires less items to achieve its scaling making it an exquisite first build for the league.
- Raise Spectre Necromancer – Raise Spectre builds are still some of the strongest league starters that exist. This guide covers everything you need to know about starting out as Spectres on a budget and scaling them into the late game.
- Dark Pact Necromancer – If smooth league-starting is your desire, this remains an excellent build to do that with. What’s more, with enough budget, you can scale up to extreme levels in the end-game.
- Bladdefall/BladeBlast Hierophant – if you’re wanting to try a version of the popular Bladefall/Blade Blast archetype, consider this Archmage Hierophant.
- Caustic Arrow CI Trickster – a reliable league starter, viable in all leagues including SSF and SSFHC. Minimally affected by patch notes and still capable of all boss content, choosing this reliable bosser to face up against the Taskmaster is a wise choice indeed.
- Archmage Cremation – Octavian0 hasn’t gotten around to updating it for 3.14 yet but it should be done in time for launch, however it remains an incredibly potent and solid pick for people who enjoy strong league starts on builds that have no trouble clearing the game on any budget.
We wish you all good luck!