Path of Building
Path of Building for the Low-Life (recommended) version of this build is available here.
Included is the recommended set of mid-game gear, a full skill tree, and all the gem links needed to get the build to tick.
We use the Path of Building Community Fork for all of our builds, which is highly recommended. If you are encountering errors importing the build, please ensure you are .
Passive Skill Trees
Final Tree / Low-Life
You can pick and choose from this tree to your preference, and many skill nodes are optional or malleable depending on your gear. As general priorities, however, you will want to:
- Focus on notables that increase your Wintertide Brand‘s effectiveness immediately, such as Runesmith and Runebinder.
- Spell damage and shield notables are also very important, such as Arcane Swiftness and Prodigal Perfection.
- Elemental Equilibrium should if you have Mark of the Shaper, or another item that adds Lightning or Fire Damage to spells. Wintertide Brand EE due to it being a damage over time effect.
This build uses cluster Jewels. In our example Path of Building we opted to use 1 Large Cluster, 3 Medium Clusters, and 3 Small Clusters.
For Large Clusters (small passives Cold Damage), look for:
- Deep Chill — big boost for our brand and vortex
- Prismatic Heart — allows you to itemize more damage on your gear via Resistances and adds a nice chunk of damage
- Disorienting Display — nice damage and blind adds a defensive layer to clear
- Vengeful Commander — moderate damage boost
- Cold Blooded Killer — strictly worse than Deep Chill, but still decent enough damage
For Medium Clusters, we opted for two clusters with Brand Damage small passives and one with Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. Keep an eye out for:
- Brand Loyalty — excellent damage and clear boost
- Remarkable — nice to have one of these to help quickly stack your brands on a boss
- Holy Conquest — nice to have one of these for the unique passive, large clear boost
- Deep Chill — just as great as on large clusters
- Vile Reinvigoration — great utility and defense for clear
- Exposure Therapy — very strong damage
For Small Clusters, our preference is Energy Shield small passives with:
- Energy from Naught — huge Energy Shield boost
- Brush with Death — great damage and defense
- Vile Reinvigoration — great utility and defense for clear (if you do not have it on a medium cluster already)
For small passives you can either stack 3x Energy from Naught, pick one of the other two passives, or use one of each.
Thread of Hope is used to get easy access to and save some Passive Points. You want the Very Large ring, allowing you to also pick up Retribution and Sanctity.
Life Based / League Start
Wintertide Brand 6-Link
- Wintertide Brand
- Awakened Controlled Destruction Support
- Awakened Swift Affliction Support
- Efficacy Support
- Hypothermia Support
- Awakened Elemental Focus Support
Brand Recall 4-Link
Auras 2× 2-Link (Low-Life)
This link should be two separate 2-links within the same 4 socket item. The first link runs auras off of your Mana:
The second runs an aura off of your Life: