- Bomb Specialist
- Born in the Shadows
- Demolitions Specialist
Explosives Expert is an alternative to Demolitions Specialist. See the Additional Information section for a comparison.
The Ascendancy choices for this build are the same for either variant, as is the recommended order of ascension. All of the keystones are relatively valuable to the build, and it is absolutely acceptable to alter the order in which you acquire the Ascendancy nodes, though feel Pyromaniac is too strong of a leveling node to not be taken immediately.
- Pyromaniac is a common first choice for all Saboteur builds, due to its incredible leveling benefits. The ailment immunity combined with the Life regeneration adds a potent amount of defense to your exile, and the reduced Mana cost offers higher quality of life than it may first appear. Your character will already have enough damage to clear without carpeting the area in mines, making Pyromaniac the logical choice to allow you to play and clear faster and more aggressively.
- Bomb Specialist is a great second pickup, upping your damage right around the point in the game where you can start making full use of it. This node is especially excellent for farming Blood Aqueducts while leveling, as the bonus is virtually always active, however, it is a formidable all around damage keystone. In the end-game, Bomb Specialist has a very high uptime, and is an incredible node for bosses in particular.
- Born in the Shadows is a fantastic keystone for both offense and defense, and is recommended as the third pickup. The all around benefits of this keystone feel great to unlock right as you are heading into maps, and tougher end-game content. Additionally, Uber Lab feels a lot safer with this keystone, and the permanent Blind is not to be undervalued.
- Demolitions Specialist further improves damage output and adds a Hinder effect to your Mines. This is extremely valuable defensively as it allows you quickly and safely reposition without being swarmed by enemies. It is absolutely a required choice for deeper Delving and the generally recommended choice for all builds, especially if you have any interest in leveling to 100. Damage from this keystone is still exceptional.
- Explosives Expert is mostly a choice made for all-out damage, with a small area damage reduction. If you are using a Call of the Brotherhood ring or have any other means of chilling enemies reliably this keystone gains additional value, especially for bossing. Typically we find that the damage gained from this keystone is not as essential for the build as the benefits from Demolitions Specialist, but some players prefer going a more “glass cannon” style of play that injects even more damage into the build.
Deal With the Bandits Reward
Our recommendations for Bandits depend on what version of the build you opt to play:
- Life-based: Kill all of the Bandits for the passive points.
- Low-life: Help Alira for the Critical Strike Multiplier and Resistances.
In either version of the build Alira is the best option for league starting due to the early injection of Elemental Resistances. If you are not able to put the extra points to good use yet, for example, to get an extra Jewel, then we recommend going with Alira for the consistent benefit.
Pantheon choices, as with many builds, are fairly trivial for general use and largely come down to personal preferences.
- Soul of Solaris: Simply the best Pantheon for bossing, with all three upgrades being worthwhile pickups.
- Soul of Lunaris: Great for general mapping and delving. The first two upgrades are good pickups to further reduce incoming damage. If you are using a golem, the third upgrade equates to a quality of life upgrade, and will reduce the number of times you need to resummon it.
- Soul of Garukhan: A great choice for general clearing, and should be upgraded as soon as possible.
- Soul of Aberrath: Highly recommended for Low-Life.