Passive Skill Trees
Though there is typically little variance in melee skill trees, there are a few unique aspects to this one:
- unless you are using Fortify Support, or have Elder Boots supported by Fortify .
- You may want to take Resolute Technique well leveling and respec out of it and into Critical Strike later on, when you reach maps.
- Refer to the Ascendancy Recommendations for pathing — this tree shows and not the keystones you should take if you are league starting or leveling up.
- Save Impale and Jewel Sockets for some of the latter upgrades.
- Cluster Jewel is optional but it should have 2 Jewel Sockets to place regular jewels in for damage. Recommended notables are Devastator, Feed the Fury, and Smite the Weak.
- Eagle Eye can is optional and is mostly only used if you need both Accuracy and Critical Strike chance.
Path of Building
Find our recommended Passive Skill Tree from the comfort of Path of Building, available here.
Included in the Path of Building are skill trees, all gem links and possible variations, and an example set of mid-level gear with room for upgrades. For simplicity’s sake, Elemental Resistances are not included on gear, and you can fill them in as you like depending on available gear.
We use the Path of Building Community Fork for all of our builds, which is highly recommended. If you are encountering errors importing the build, please ensure you are .
Vaal Pact and Atziri's Acuity
Vaal Pact and Vitality Void are optional but provide good defense, particularly if your level of gear is low and your only source of leech is Blood Rage. and is in no way required to make the build tick, and in most cases we opted to play without Vaal Pact until we acquired Atziris Acuity. One benefit of playing with Vitality Void, however, is that and is no longer necessary to have on either Gloves on Rings. To acquire Vaal Pact and Vitality Void you will need to free up 6 Passive Skill points. Drop Kinetic Impacts and Juggernaut, or simply follow this passive skill tree instead.
You can also put 3 passive skill points towards Martial Experience for additional leech to further support a heavier leech style of play.
Passive Tree Progression Advice
Cyclone is our main skill for both bossing and clear, and as such is the only 6-Link in our build. The links are somewhat flexible, and can be adjusted to suit your preferences and the situation.
Moving through maps is quite quick due to Leap Slam and Phase Run. Blood Rage provides additional leech as well as Frenzy Charges during clear. For auras we use the typical choices for most Physical melee builds; Pride, Blood and Sand, and Herald of Purity. This grants a good combination of damage and defense, and we can also incorporate the active component of a Vaal aura for even more in one of these departments. We recommend either Vaal Grace or Vaal Haste.
- Awakened Brutality Support
- Infused Channelling Support
- Awakened Melee Physical Damage Support
- Fortify Support
- Impale Support
Other options for a final link:
- Concentrated Effect Support: Absolute maximum boss damage. Can be swapped with Increased Area of Effect Support for clearing.
- Damage on Full Life Support can match Concentrated Effect Support and works well for bossing. Not as strong in Delirium 3.10 as it can be difficult to always stay at full life in high damage intake situations like the Simulacrum and 100% Delirious Maps.
- Pulverise Support: Slightly better damage than Impale Support and better clear, but less damage for bosses. Recommended if you do not plan to do bossing much and want absolute maximum clear speed. Not as strong in due to many of the monsters being tankier than bosses when you reach high levels of Delirium.
- Close Combat Support: Popular choice but not our preference. Generally offers less damage than other options as you often want to play to the edges of your Cyclone radius in dangerous situations, as well as having natural counter synergy with Lion's Roar.
If you are not sure what to choose, we recommend sticking with Impale Support as your sixth link. If you color your weapon with white sockets using Vorici on the Research division of the Syndicate, it opens the option to use Concentrated Effect Support for bossing, and Pulverise Support for clearing. Fortify Support can also be swapped out or procured via Elder boots, however, we feel that ensuring you always have Fortify Support active is essential to feeling stable when approaching Delirium encounters and Delirious Maps.
Leap Slam 4-Link
This is our preferred mobility skill and can be adjusted to suit your preference. , you should swap out Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support with either War Banner or Blood and Sand, whichever you chose not to run.
- Leap Slam
- Faster Attacks Support
- Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support (Crafted Weapon) or Fortify Support ( Starforge)
- Preferred Vaal Skill
Maim Support is not necessary, but it is a noticeable damage increase.
Since we have a large amount of Armour, Molten Shell is actually quite a potent choice. If your focus is clearing and mapping with some bossing, this is our recommended skill. If your focus is instead farming Uber Elder, we recommend Immortal Call.
- Cast when Damage Taken Support (Level 2)
- Molten Shell (Level 11) OR Immortal Call (Level 4)
- Blood Rage (Level 20)
- Dread Banner (Level 20) or War Banner (Level 20)
Either banner is a fine choice and they fall within a relatively close margin on DPS gain. Dread Banner adds a bit of survivability and excels on longer fights, such as Uber Elder or Aul the Crystal King. War Banner will be a little more damage while starting out, helps with accuracy, and a slightly better choice while clearing. Overall we feel that War Banner has slightly more damage potential but Dread Banner is a more well-rounded gem.