Passive Skill Tree
Though there is typically little variance in melee skill trees, especially after the Legion 3.7 and Blight 3.8 changes, there are a few unique aspects to this one.
- Point Blank is taken due to a Historic Jewel we use called Glorious Vanity. See the Glorious Vanity section for more information. or the Jewel socket near it until you have this Jewel and are ready to add Soul Tether to your build.
- unless you are using the Crafted Elder Exquisite Blade with the pseudo 7-Link using Fortify Support, or have Elder Boots supported by Fortify .
- You may want to take Resolute Technique well leveling and respec out of it and into Critical Strike later on, when you reach maps.
- Refer to the Ascendancy Recommendations for pathing — this tree shows and not the keystones you should take if you are league starting or leveling up.
- Save Impale and Jewel Sockets for some of the latter upgrades.
Vaal Pact and Atziri's Acuity
Vaal Pact and Vitality Void are optional but provide good defense, particularly if your level of gear is low and your only source of leech is Blood Rage. and is in no way required to make the build tick, and in most cases we opted to play without Vaal Pact until we acquired Atziris Acuity. One benefit of playing with Vitality Void, however, is that and is no longer necessary to have on either Gloves on Rings. To acquire Vaal Pact and Vitality Void you will need to free up 6 Passive Skill points. Drop Kinetic Impacts and Juggernaut, or simply follow this passive skill tree instead.
You can also put 3 passive skill points towards Martial Experience for additional leech to further support a heavier leech style of play.
Passive Tree Progression Advice
Cyclone is our main skill for both bossing and clear, and as such is the only 6-Link in our build. The links are somewhat flexible, and can be adjusted to suit your preferences and the situation.
Moving through maps is quite quick due to Leap Slam and Phase Run. Blood Rage provides additional leech as well as Frenzy Charges during clear. For auras we use the typical choices for most Physical melee builds; Pride, Blood and Sand, and Flesh and Stone. This grants a good combination of damage and defense, and we can also incorporate the active component of a Vaal aura for even more in one of these departments. We recommend either Vaal Grace or Vaal Haste.
- Brutality Support
- Infused Channelling Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support
- Damage on Full Life Support
- Player’s Preference
There are several options to fulfill the sixth link, based on your preference. Unfortunately, all of them are different colors, so you cannot swap them out until you have added some white sockets to your weapon using Vorici.
- Impale Support: Best all-round option — use this if you do not like gem swapping.
- Concentrated Effect Support: Absolute maximum boss damage. Can be swapped with Increased Area of Effect Support for clearing.
- Pulverise Support: Slightly better damage than Impale Support and better clear, but less damage for bosses. Recommended if you do not plan to do bossing much and want absolute maximum clear speed.
- Close Combat Support: Not a bad choice, and was very popular in Legion 3.7, but it loses to the other choices on damage.
If you are not sure what to choose, we recommend sticking with Impale Support as your sixth link. If you color your weapon with white sockets using Vorici on the Research division of the Syndicate, it opens the option to use Concentrated Effect Support for bossing, and Pulverise Support for clearing.
Leap Slam 4-Link
This is our preferred mobility skill and can be adjusted to suit your preference. , you should swap out Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support with either War Banner or Blood and Sand, whichever you chose not to run.
- Leap Slam
- Faster Attacks Support
- Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support (Crafted Weapon) or Fortify Support ( Starforge)
- Preferred Vaal Skill
Maim Support is not necessary, but it is a noticeable damage increase.
Since we have a large amount of Armour, Molten Shell is actually quite a potent choice. If your focus is clearing and mapping with some bossing, this is our recommended skill. If your focus is instead farming Uber Elder, we recommend Immortal Call.
- Cast when Damage Taken Support (Level 2)
- Molten Shell (Level 11) OR Immortal Call (Level 4)
- Blood Rage (Level 20)
- Dread Banner (Level 20) or War Banner (Level 20)
Either banner is a fine choice and they fall within a relatively close margin on DPS gain. Dread Banner adds a bit of survivability and excels on longer fights, such as Uber Elder or Aul the Crystal King. War Banner will be a little more damage while starting out, helps with accuracy, and a slightly better choice while clearing. Overall we feel that War Banner has slightly more damage potential but Dread Banner is a more well-rounded gem.
Check out the main page of the guide or use the menu on the right side of this page to navigate to the other sections of the guide.