What is PoE Vault Affixes and How Does It Work?
PoE Vault Affixes is a comprehensive list of all the possible mods (affixes) that can roll on a non-Unique item in Path of Exile. The mods that can exist on any item are determined by a number of factors:
- the item category (depending on the slot and on the item type, namely Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence-based, or any combination of two of these);
- the item level of the item (with more powerful tiers of mods being available at higher item levels);
- any potential influence on the item (for example, there are certain Shaper mods that can only exist on Shaper-influenced items).
What is the Affixes Tool Useful For?
There are several ways that this tool can help you, most of which are related to crafting.
- You can check if an item (or item base) you already own or are planning to buy can be used to achieve your desired crafting outcome. For example, you may be looking for a specific affix, such as "%# increased Lightning Damage". Our tool will let you check if it is even possible for that mod to appear on your given item base.
- You can check what the highest tier of a mod can appear on an item you already own or are planning to buy is. For example, a Ring needs to be at least item level 44 to be able to roll the highest tier of "+# to Maximum Life", and our tool can help you know if your item can be improved further by re-rolling it using currency.
- You can choose the optimal item base to purchase for your dream craft. For example, using our tool you can check what special influence mods (such as Shaper or Elder) exist that you could boost your item to the next level, and you can also check exactly what item level the base needs to be for those mods to be able to appear.
How Do I Use PoE Vault Affixes?
Using the menu, choose an item category you wish to check the mods for.
For example, let's choose Dexterity-based Helmets.
At this point, you will have a page open with every affix that can exist on a Dexterity-based helmet, categorized by the source of the affix (crafted, normally-occurring, from an Essence or a Fossil, etc). For example, this is what the all Normal affixes (affixes that can be obtained by using regular crafting currency, such as Orbs of Alteration/Augmentation, Orbs of Alchemy, Regal Orbs, Chaos Orbs, etc.) that can exist on this item category are.
If we expand the "Increased Life" category, you will see all the different tiers of "+# Maximum Life" mods that exist, what item level each mod requires, and how likely they are to occur (Mod Weight, with the higher the number, the higher the likelihood of the mod appearing).
This is the basic way to use the tool, but we will go into more detail about the features present below!